Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Swindon, WiltshireCirencester, GloucestershireGloucester, GloucestershireStroud, Gloucestershire|
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
£25000 - £35000
Rocking Zebra Recruitment is recruiting for an Account Manager/Senior Account Manager for a fabulous agency based on the outskirts of Cirencester
To manage all assigned work requirements for the account team’s clients, coordinating internally and externally, and to deliver to these work requirements as internal/external projects.
To maintain a positive commercial relationship between clients and the business, both financially and as a strong client relationship.
Day to Day
- Manage the financial control of clients within your portfolio, ensuring the necessary paperwork has been raised within required timescales and is kept up to date:
- Maintain all client job folders to include all related job information including briefs and correspondence
Liaise with internal teams to deliver the services required to complete projects:
- Writing comprehensive briefs to reflect client requirements, with sign off from senior team member within sufficient timescales
- Meeting with internal teams to discuss brief and requirements
- Creation (with AD Sign Off) and management of all related project plans and schedules – and ensuring their circulation to all internal and client parties
- Liaison with third parties for provision of any agreed services (eg: data file provision) for internal teams to meet their briefed requirements; raising necessary documentation; ensuring files etc are sent and received to timescale and are documented in accordance with any regulatory measures the business adheres to.
Take responsibility for the issue and circulation of regular project updates:
- Thorough and accurate contact reports – issued within 48 hours of meeting/conference call with clear deliverables assigned with action dates
- Weekly status reports – taking ownership of requirements for any necessary updates and additions to reports and ensuring the report is circulated as required
- To ensure that all administrative support is kept up to date at all times, all systems are used as listed and in accordance with any regulatory measures the business adheres to.
- Provide advice of project completion or output delivery, to client or third parties, in writing and to timescale, ensuring all deliverables have been met, that work has been checked and that the internal teams are provided with all required details to deliver projects on time
- Communicate effectively with the client to obtain necessary approvals for all work undertaken, including timing plans as stated in project plans, schedules and costings.
- Identify, escalate and confirm any decisions that need to be taken in the delivery of a project – ensuring that such requirements and decisions are confirmed in writing and held as record.
Business Management & Development
- Play a contributing role in the identification of all aspects of anticipated work for commissioned projects, involving internal teams as required and providing clients with any necessary documentation for successful sanction by client procurement departments.
- Maintain accurate, up to date records of client contacts and roles.
- In conjunction with colleagues from Team and Senior Management, play a contributing role in:
- Specification and maintenance of client sales forecasts for year period, updated monthly
- The identification of opportunities and risks, their underlying causes and initiation of appropriate action.
- Review of all projects’ client charges against time/days incurred by operational department.
- Maintain a log of all time spent and/or deliverables met per client budget.
- Identify opportunities and drive business value from existing clients by presenting structured, relevant options for development of existing projects.
- Contribute to new business/business development targets against assigned client(s).
Team and Man Management Role
- Take personal responsibility for self-development: contributing to the appraisal process and identifying training needs and opportunities.
- Develop industry knowledge, keeping abreast of industry developments.
- To manage any assigned account executives who are responsible for the development and launch/delivery and in-life management of projects.
- To support account executives on a day-to-day basis in delivering against agreed objectives; work with the account team and senior management on tailored solutions for specific clients.
- Work with appropriate colleagues with regard to regulatory obligations, best practice and the management of relevant complex projects.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with company policy
- To actively support, at all times, company policy and the best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information.
- Understand sufficiently to communicate to supporting members of the team, the regulatory rules relating to their work to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise where they will need specialist support.
Client Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain knowledge of client’s business and its market sector, disseminating client and industry news and information to the team and senior management on a regular basis.
- Attend client meetings (eg: status meetings, planning, campaign debriefs) as key business contact
- Ensure that the client’s requirements – briefed verbally or in writing – are fully understood with the underlying objectives; develop briefs to meet client project requirements, client business objectives and transcribing these to finalise a comprehensive, client-approved written brief for internal teams or external suppliers.
- Manage agency relationships e.g. ATL, DM, Digital, Sales promotion, Media, as a key point of contact within the team.
- Have high levels of numeracy in order to understand analyses and project reports and write clear, informative presentations.
- To have excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate concisely, clearly and with excellent grammar, spelling and vocabulary.
Draft and/or contribute to the compilation of presentations and be able to contribute to presentations and discussion meetings with credibility and gravitas to clients and other parties at all levels:
- client campaign results
- business project proposals
- At all times manage client relationships as a personable, approachable and professional representative of the company
Education and skills required:
- Direct Marketing related courses advantageous
- Business Management / Marketing degree or qualification advantageous
- Minimum 3 Years’ Account Handling experience
- Solid experience of managing major projects
- Sound experience of working with clients in delivery of marketing/data/CRM projects
- Excellent verbal, written and numeracy skills required:
- A numerate, efficient problem solver who can demonstrate structured thinking
- Demonstrable communication, influencing and relationship management skills
- A fun and approachable personality who can build strong rapport with client and colleagues alike.
- High levels of energy and resourcefulness
- A creative thinker who can transcribe CRM requirements into operational actions
- A strong ability to successfully manage multiple tasks under pressure
If you feel this is you then please call the Rocking Zebra recruitment team today or send your CV to us.
Rocking Zebra want to offer you the best service possible and we urge you to follow up your application with a phone call to discuss why you believe you are a best fit for the role. We will endeavour to respond to your call and application within 3 days, however if you have not heard from us in that time you have not been successful for this opportunity. Do not give up! Keep your eye on our website for other suitable roles. Good Luck!