|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Client side marketingGraduates|
- Rocking Zebra Recruitment- Marketing jobs in Swindon, Bath and Bristol
£20,000 - £23,000
Rocking Zebra Recruitment is looking for a Communications Officer to join this locally based charity that have been established since 1980.
The primary purpose of this role is to work with colleagues in the Community Engagement department to increase awareness of the charities services, and to deliver the communications outputs needed to enable them to raise funds through the support of the local community.
A key element will be to work hand-in-hand with a variety of internal departments to support the delivery of the wide range of communications materials required, consistent with our brand.
Other key competencies include the abilityto deliver high-quality copy, and to be able to design posters, booklets and printed material through Adobe’s In-Design software and other applications. You will also need to be knowledgeable and competent in creating digital and social media outputs. This includes updating website content, and generating social media content, including, but not restricted to, Twitter and Facebook.
- Producing high quality internal and external written communication
- Designing and delivering promotional material for internal departments
- Coordinating content creation for our social media platforms
- Coordinating content for the website and digital communication platforms.
- Supporting the development of brand materials.
- Supporting and training staff in making effective use of brand materials.
- Helping to build a culture where two-way internal communication is seen as fundamental and integral to the success of the organisation, and where effective communication is seen as a priority for every staff member
- Continually evaluating the success of internal and external communications by working with a broad range of stakeholders
- Assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of communications projects, providing creative, editorial and operational support.
- Supporting the reputation of the charity through building relationships and understanding between the organisation and stakeholders
- Researching, planning, writing, proofing and editing engaging copy for a range of audiences (both internal and external) and publications (both on and offline).
- Designing and producing consistently high-quality promotional, printed and digital materials in a wide range of formats.
- Being responsible for the production of user-friendly information, which adheres to good practice guidelines.
- Editing content to fit with the brand guidelines and tone of voice, sourcing appropriate images in line with copyright law.
- Planning, creating and delivering integrated digital and print campaigns.
- Assisting teams in the production of stakeholder newsletters and updates.
- Arranging interviews, photo opportunities and escorting media onsite or at events as required.
- Monitoring local press for news regarding the charity and maintaining a catalogue of press cuttings.
- Assisting with proactive and reactive media work, identifying potential news stories and writing/circulating press releases
- Managing stakeholder bulk email mailings
- Day-to-day management of social media, including managing and monitoring social media at events outside of office hours where required.
- Supporting the implementation of the social media strategy.
- Acting as a main point of contact for all web related enquiries.
- Developing and populating the main website, in addition to microsites, including creating and populating content, and ensuring content is kept up-to-date.
- Managing and coordinating the creation of video content for digital channels.
- Managing the organisational image library and taking photos for inclusion in it.
- Helping implement the internal communications strategy to provide effective communication of relevant information to staff, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Managing and coordinating internal communications, including gathering, generating and creating content.
- Assisting with the management, maintenance and moderation of the staff intranet.
- Engaging and developing relationships with internal teams to encourage content for publication.
- Strong written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills and the ability to tailor content to a wide variety of audiences and turn complex material or jargon into plain English.
- The ability to identify the target audience for any given publication, understanding their needs and adapting writing styles to suit.
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with experience in Adobe software including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge and experience of using social media.
- Strong organisation and time-management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritising workload from different sources accordingly, and working effectively to tight deadlines and often changing timescales.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills, with the ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands.
- The ability to multi-task and work well under pressure as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Educated to degree level.
- Knowledge and experience of web content management systems.
- Experience of communications planning and high-quality delivery.
- Experience of working in a communications role using skills in content development, media relations, social media and the production and utilisation of key organisational communications materials (e.g. annual reviews, core web content), ideally in a charity or public sector.
- The ability to work independently/unsupervised, using own initiative and organising own workload.
If you feel this is you then please call the Rocking Zebra recruitment team today or send your CV to us.
Rocking Zebra want to offer you the best service possible and we urge you to follow up your application with a phone call to discuss why you believe you are a best fit for the role. We will endeavour to respond to your call and application within 3 days, however if you have not heard from us in that time you have not been successful for this opportunity. Do not give up! Keep your eye on our website for other suitable roles. Good Luck!