Assistant Sales Manager
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£20k, uncapped commission, bens|
- Rocking Zebra Recruitment
Assistant Sales Manager
Salary- £20,000 + uncapped commission.
My client is a rapidly growing organisation based in Abingdon. The business operates in the automotive sector and has built a reputation on quality products and excellent levels of customer service.
The ideal candidate will be people-oriented with strong sales and administration skills used to affect management controls and reporting and be adaptable to a reactive work environment. It will be a very varied and busy role, with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Researching and reporting on each assets financial market status using prescribed software packages and assessing the financial options of selling each vehicle in a retail market or by sale through vehicle auctions.
- Operate a developing logistics system to move vehicles from various collection sites to inclusive of negotiating price and delivery with third party transport contractors, placing orders, and informing all parties.
- Liaising with our approved RAC garage to receive a report on the mechanical, electrical, bodywork, and road worthiness of each car, inclusive of prices to repair the car to our RAC quality standards.
- Undertaking essential checks on assets such as HPI, MOT, DVLA, service records, and recording on Sales force in readiness for sale
- Ensure all systems and reporting tools such as Excel and Salesforce (database) are updated and weekly and monthly reports are distributed to relevant managers/directors.
- Organise all requirements for assets in the showroom to ensure a professional and quality package for sales. Including car valet by our third-party valet company, and preparation for our RAC audit.
- Take videos and photographs of each car for onward use for our marketing channels, Cars web site, and AutoTrader, and our developing social media strategies using such sites as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Deal with prospective customers via phone and email, arrange inspection appointments and supervise road tests
- Prepare reports as and when required, and general administrative duties
You will be well-presented, personable, cheerful, flexible, empathetic, calm, organized and a hard worker. You must be comfortable in a sales environment, and be quality and service driven. Also, you will need a clean driving license and ideally you will have come from the motor trade.
You need to be ambitious and driven – there will be the opportunity to take over as manager within a couple of years. You will also be the sort of person who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment and who strives to be the best you can be. You will have the advantage of one-to-one support throughout your journey.
This is not a “9 to 5” culture – we’re open to customers 9am to 6pm and weekends by appointment, so you will need to be prepared to work flexible hours; in this case Tuesday to Saturdays, 9-6pm.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits (5% non-contributory pension and private healthcare), a bonus scheme and 25 days paid leave. As part of the group, you will also be included in all the social events, of which there are many, and a “work hard play hard” culture.
Rocking Zebra want to offer you the best service possible and we urge you to follow up your application with a phone call to discuss why you believe you are a best fit for the role. We will endeavour to respond to your application within 3 working days, however, if you have not heard from us in that time you have not been successful for this opportunity. Do not give up keep your eye on our website for other suitable roles.