Commercial Operations Manager
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Faringdon, OxfordshireCirencester, GloucestershireSwindon, WiltshireMarlborough, WiltshireMalmesbury, WiltshireDevizes, WiltshireCorsham, WiltshireChippenham, Wiltshire|
|Sector||AdministrationExecutiveRetail Head OfficeGraduates|
- Commercial Operations Manager
£28000 - £40000
Rocking Zebra are working exclusively with a fabulous client based in Swindon that is looking to appoint a Commercial Manager.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for ensuring that profitability and margins are maximised through efficient processes across multiple departments and effective supplier management. A key part of the role will be to establish strong working relationships with suppliers and peers.
Reporting into the Directors of the business, the Commercial Manager will develop and implement the required business processes, team structures, software integration, compliance and assessments, facilities management, H&S and IT systems to support the expected business growth.
As a central part of the business, the Commercial Manager must be able to work effectively with colleagues from other teams and manage projects to completion.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Management and development of our IT systems, software and infrastructure. Identifying ways to increase efficiency and productivity on an on-going basis
- Challenging business process to ensure optimum efficiency and cost, offering proposals to ensure a seamless workflow
- Working with the Directors to ensure the company strategy is implemented on a day to day basis
- Responsible for Company day to day operations in the absence of the Directors
- Establishing strong working relationships with all teams, championing change to effectively drive the business forward
- Investigate stock discrepancies or faults, and liaising with suppliers
- Managing supplier relationships, negotiating best price and ensuring Service Level Agreements are adhered to.
- Producing department reports for key management meetings
- Ensure the company complies with Health & Safety regulations. Completing regular audits and assessments to ensure compliance, updating handbooks and processes as necessary
- Updating the Directors with any changes or maintenance needs for the building.
- Maintaining accurate records for procedures, making necessary changes when appropriate
- Manage the security of the business, responsible for alarm call out and liaising with third parties where necessary
- Previous experience of working within a management role within operations role or similar
- Experience of working within a manufacturing (or similar) industry
- Worked with multiple teams/departments to include support staff and warehouse
- Systems orientated to include Software and IT
- Understanding of cost controls and able to challenge suppliers to negotiate best price within agreed service levels and agreements
- A forward-thinking individual, that can think outside of the box with enthusiasm and intelligence
- Adaptable to change
- Attention to detail
- A relationship manager that can quickly understand people to ensure positive change
Rocking Zebra want to offer you the best service possible and we urge you to follow up your application with a phone call to discuss why you believe you are a best fit for the role. We will endeavour to respond to your call and application within 3 days however if you have not heard from us in that time you have not been successful for this opportunity. Do not give up keep your eye on our website for other suitable roles. Good Luck!